absorption ratio

Hello all,

I am working for a company that is planning to get into the cat litter
market. They produce wood flour and plan to research the properties of the
wood flour as an absorbent material. Does anyone know of an abortion ratio
test that I can follow to aid this company in their research? I would like a
test that either uses oil or water and is absorbed by a material that is in
granule form. The results would be in ratio form so that 4:1 would mean that
4 pounds of water was absorbed by 1 pound of material. I have already
searched the Standard Methods archives, the EPA information library, and
libraries at UGA. If anyone knows of an article pr test that has been
published with this information please let me know.

Regards,
Erin Callaghan

Erin Callaghan
Public Service Representative
Engineering Outreach Program
University of Georgia
Phone: 706-542-4626
Fax: 706-542-8806

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers
believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."