Green Engineering seminars

Greetings!

What would you put in a two-day seminar for practicing engineers that would
help them understand and implement green engineering (definition from EPA GE
website below) in their own facilities?  We have reviewed the following
excellent publications focused on chemical processes:

"Green Engineering: Environmentally Conscious Design of Chemical Processes"

http://www.epa.gov/oppt/greenengineering/textbook.html

"Pollution Prevention: Methodology, Technologies, and Practices"

http://www.aiche.org/pubcat/seadtl.asp?Act=T&Category=9&Min=20

These seem like good outlines, but we are wondering what the collective
experience is out there.  Have you seen or tried this type of seminar?  How
did it go?  We are especially interested in approaches that are
sector-specific or company-specific, and any Professional Development
activities that are already out there.

As usual, the trick is striking a balance between theoretical background and
hands-on problem solving that can be used immediately.  Otherwise, people
just won't attend.

"Green engineering is the design, commercialization, and use of processes
and products, which are feasible and economical while minimizing 1)
generation of pollution at the source and 2) risk to human health and the
environment.  The discipline embraces the concept that decisions to protect
human health and the environment can have the greatest impact and cost
effectiveness when applied early to the design and development phase of a
process or product."

Grateful for any contacts or thoughts.

--Terry Foecke
Managing Partner