From: owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net [mailto:owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net]On Behalf Of Gonzalez, Raul
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 2:36 PM
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject: FW: Rubber Waste

Does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with clean black rubber waste?  There is a small business with about 20,000 lbs of scrap cuttings on hand, and they want to do something better than simply landfill it.  I am still waiting on more information on exactly how this is generated and what it looks like in order to suggest a P2 solution.  So far the best use I can think of is boiler fuel for a pulp/paper facility!  Any suggestions?

Raul E. Gonzalez
Program Manager
Southwest Pollution Prevention Center--IM3
University of Texas at El Paso
500 W. University
El Paso, Texas 79968
Ph: (915) 747-6273