RE: Ozone as wastewater treatment

Brian,

We use ozone to treat cooling tower waters, but it is primarily for bacterial control (it's a powerful oxidizer) and eliminates the need for biocides. I can't see how it would clean up metals in wastewater. Suggest you investigate ion exchange or reverse osmosis treatment systems. These are commonly used to clean up metal cleaning waste waters for reuse.
-----Original Message-----
From: Brian_Nartker@ham.honda.com [mailto:Brian_Nartker@ham.honda.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 2:55 PM
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject: Ozone as wastewater treatent

I am looking for a way to purify metal cleaning wastewater so that it may be reused, and I have been in contact with an ozone distributor who is touting ozone as able to (partially, at least) deal with most contaminants.  Without going into all the details of our system, has anyone had any experience with using ozone to treat wastewaters?