	From: Cindy McComas [mailto:mccom003@tc.umn.edu]
	Sent: Fri 12-Jul-02 2:23 PM
	To: p2tech (E-mail)
	Subject: DOE Industrial Assessment Centers

	Has anyone out there partnered with a university-based DOE Industrial
	Assessment Center (IAC) in your state?  There is a network of 26 IACs
	around the country that exist to provide energy and waste reduction
	assessments for businesses through faculty and student help.  I am
working
	on a proposal jointly with our Univ of MN Mechanical Engineering Dept
	bring an IAC to Minnesota, and am wondering about your experience
with how
	this worked, any problems you ran into, how you meshed P2 with E2 in
these
	assessments, respective roles you played as a P2 TA provider compared
with
	the academic dept, whether you got the results you were shooting for,
and
	any other tidbits you might have as I work my way through this
proposal
	this month.
	Thanks, Cindy
	*********************************
	Cindy McComas, Director
	612-624-4678

	Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP)
	University of Minnesota
	McNamara Alumni Center
	200 Oak Street SE, Suite 350
	Minneapolis, MN  55455-2008
	612-624-1300, 1-800-247-0015 (toll free)
	fax 612-624-3370 (fax)
	www.mntap.umn.edu

	Helping businesses reduce waste and maximize efficiency.