Re: DOE Industrial Assessment Centers

Cindy:
We conducted joint efforts between our Michigan
Industries of the Future program and the IAC at the
University of Michigan.  We conducted a joint mail
survey of metal casters in Michigan to help build a
roadmap of key issues/needs facing the industry and then
built an initiative to address some of the identified
high priority areas.  The IAC followed up with the
survey respondents and arranged a number of the IAC
assessments.  I believe they completed 12 of these with
the metal casters during the 2000-2001 program year.

The program was very productive and provides a useful
vehicle as part of industrial assisstance programs.  Of
course, the quality (experience, etc.) of the assessment
teams is very important...and we found that the Univ. of
Michigan team did a great job.

Tom
--
Thomas Borton Associates, Inc.