Re: Fuel Blending

This would be hazardous waste incineration, which creates many
pollutants and usually some solid waste (ash).  The emissions may
include dioxins, polyaromatic hydrocarbons, and other products of
incomplete combustion.  (In contrast, natural gas creates few of these
emissions--it is very clean burning).  If there are metals in your waste
solvent, they will probably mostly be emitted.

In the U.S. this activity would normally require a hazardous waste
treatment permit, a permit under the Clean Air Act, and possibly other
permits.  On a an operational level, you can assume that you will need
to greatly increase maintenance for the natural gas burner.

I'd encourage you to seek to find a way to reuse the solvent or to
substitute a less hazardous solvent instead of burning the solvent
waste.

Kelly Moran
TDC Environmental