Re: neutralizing chlorides

Ted,

Need more information. If you can provide answers to the following
questions, I can probably be of assistance.

1) How does a tungsten carbide stripping process yield copper and nickel?

2) Is the source of the chlorides hydrochloric acid?

3) Could they strip with something else that would be acceptable to
the smelter, e.g. sulfuric acid?

4) If they strip copper and nickel with an acid, how do they
precipitate the nickel and copper out of the spent stripping solution?

5) What is the typical pH of the filter cake, i.e. is it higher than
8 or lower than 6?

6) What causes the pH to be what it is?

7) What have they tried already that didn't work?

Warren

--

Warren Weaver
PENNTAP