Energy Consumption/Cost Formula

Hello,
Can any one suggest a simple formula that can approximate the energy
consumption cost of keeping a standard commercial building (pretending there
is such a thing) - built to code and empty - cooled to a certain temperature
for a single day?  I am hoping the formula would look something like this.
Building Size- (length by width by height) (assuming no walls, doors, or
windows) - times the average cost of cooling one cubic foot of enclosed air
to a temperature of 70 degrees for 24 hours & assuming outside temperature is
a constant 80 degrees.
I would like to very roughly compare the cost at 70 degrees with the cost of
keeping it a constant 78 degrees etc. assuming I know the cost of a kilowatt
hour of energy in our area.
Thank- you
Deborah MacCormac
FDEP- Orlando