Fwd: Re: Metals in Printing Ink

Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 08:52:47 -0500
To: Listman <listman@wmrc.uiuc.edu>
From: Gary Miller <gmiller@wmrc.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Re: Metals in Printing Ink

Rusty,

One good way to search for info. on this subject is to use the search feature on the PNEAC web site.  I typed in metal and found the following information:

A good contact on this question is:

George Fuchs
Director, Environmental Affairs
National Association of Printing Ink Manufacturers
777 Terrace Ave.
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604
Tel.: 201/288-9454
Fax: 201/288-9453

On June 1, 1998 Doreen Monteleone of FTA answered essentially the same question from Donna Pederson of MinnTAP as follows:

If the inserts were printed flexographically, it is unlikely. Most ink
companies have stopped adding lead, mercury, cadmium or hexavalent chromium
to flexo inks. I'm aware that Minnesota regulates the use of these and
have recently consulted a few ink companies.

Hope this helps.

Gary