Re: Endocrine Disruptors

David,

The International Program on Chemical Safety has a report that can be found on the web at: http://www.who.int/pcs/emerg_site/edc/global_edc_TOC.htm

Section 2.2 of the Introduction mentioned  a list of 12 high priority long lasting EDCs that were the subject of an global treaty. Perhaps someone knows where to find that document.

Of additional interest, the web based Environmental News Service had an article today on EDCs at:
http://ens-news.com/ens/aug2002/2002-08-13-06.asp

or at: http://ens.lycos.com/

>>> "David  Herb" <herbdw@michigan.gov> 08/15/02 07:24AM >>>
If anyone can provide a link to a list of specific chemicals that are
either known or suspected endocrine disruptors, I would be most
grateful.  I am attempting to address a concern that various aqueous
cleaners contain endocrine disruptors (such as nonylphenol) in
concentrations below the 1% level requiring disclosure on the Material
Safety Data Sheet.  Sincerely,

David Herb
Environmental Engineer
Pollution Prevention Section
MDEQ - Environmental Assistance Division
Constitution Hall
1st Floor, North Tower
525 West Allegan
P.O. Box 30457
Lansing, MI 48909-7957

Phone: 517-241-8176
Fax: 517-241-7966
Email: herbdw@michigan.gov

MDEQ - Environmental Assistance Center 800-662-9278
MDEQ - EAD Website http://www.deq.state.mi.us/ead/