Screenning PP options

Dear P2tech’ers

PP is an amazing issue for a chemical engineer. That was the reason because i began (And hope to finallise) a thesis about it.

As some of you know I am trying to apply PP to Spanish petroleum refining sector to compliance with European Laws.

Once I have found lots of possible options to apply to a petroleum refinery to reduce its pollutant power without reducing very much its benefits I have to decide which of them are the  most suitable.

Do you have any experience screening options in PP?
Which are the factors to be considered in order to decide one option instead of  other option?
What should be the wheights to be applied to those factors  in order to be sure that we are giving the necessary importance to the factors?
Is there any succesfull experience you can recommend me? Today I know the project between Amoco-USEPA for Yorktown Refinery  but is there any other reference in Chemical-Petrleum Industries?

Thank yout for your time

Jose-Luis Martinez