Re: Screenning PP options

Hi Jose-Luis,

Your question is a really good one familiar to companies struggling with
design and process changes.

We created a spreadsheet tool to help called P2OAsys, available at
http://www.turi.org/publications/p20asys.htm  I hope this is helpful!

Janet Clark
Toxics Use Reduction Institute
http://www.turi.org

At 03:06 PM 9/5/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Dear P2tech'ers
>
>PP is an amazing issue for a chemical engineer. That was the reason
>because i began (And hope to finallise) a thesis about it.
>
>As some of you know I am trying to apply PP to Spanish petroleum refining
>sector to compliance with European Laws.
>
>Once I have found lots of possible options to apply to a petroleum
>refinery to reduce its pollutant power without reducing very much its
>benefits I have to decide which of them are the  most suitable.
>
>Do you have any experience screening options in PP?
>Which are the factors to be considered in order to decide one option
>instead of  other option?
>What should be the wheights to be applied to those factors  in order to be
>sure that we are giving the necessary importance to the factors?
>Is there any succesfull experience you can recommend me? Today I know the
>project between Amoco-USEPA for Yorktown Refinery  but is there any other
>reference in Chemical-Petrleum Industries?
>
>Thank yout for your time
>
>Jose-Luis Martinez

>quotes or subject line are required.
>About : http://www.great-lakes.net/lists/p2tech/p2tech.info
>* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Janet Clark
Toxics Use Reduction Institute
University of Massachusetts
One University Ave
Lowell, MA 0`854-2866
Tel 978-934-3346, Fax 978-934-3050
<clarkjan@#turi.org>

The "#" in my e-mail address is to try to fool the
spammers! Remove the "#" before sending mail to me.
http://www.turi.org
http://www.turi.org/turadata
http://www.turi.org/community
http://www.turi.org/Greenlist