Printing Specifications?

Good morning P2ers!

Recently I was surprised to find that a certain "environmental"
organization does not have minimum specifications for printing reports and
manuals.  I would like to do a little survey of the current printing
specifications used by each of our organizations.  In particular why type
of paper is required (e.g., % recycled content, % post consumer content),
type of inks allowable, is double-sided printing required, do you prefer or
require chlorine-free, and do you have any limitations on the number or
type of colors?  Are your specs for some types of materials (e.g., reports)
different than others (brochures, magazines or newsletters)?

It would be best to NOT clutter up this listserv with your responses so
please send them directly to me at gmiller@wmrc.uiuc.edu  I will compile
the results over the next 2 weeks and send you the summary file so everyone
can see where we stand.  Please include the name of your organization in
your response.

Thank you,

Gary Miller