Re: naphthalene production P2?

At the risk of stating the obvious, I suggest that the measures include
consideration of alternatives to naphthalene, which is a persistent,
bioaccumulative, toxic substance (it is on the RCRA Waste Minimization
program PBT list).  While I realize that most environmental agencies
don't concern themselves with releases in products, a good P2 strategy
should recognize that products often are the source of most of the
environmental release of a pollutant.  Should the manufacturer be able
to switch to safer substitutes for some of its products, it will reduce
product-related releases as well as its own facility's releases of this
PBT.

Kelly Moran
TDC Environmental