Water Gardens

Hi Everyone,

A question for you:
We are working with a municipality on a water pollution prevention program. The program involves many sectors, and will be used as a template for other P2 plans across the province. One of the pieces is a water conservation garden in a town park (using xeriscaping - no chemicals, low water, etc). This fits nicely with our goals. The question: the town has private funding to install a "water garden" in the park as well...ie- water flowing over rocks, etc. in a closed loop...They want ot use this to demonstrate the water cycle. Our concern, naturally, is that this will be contradictory to our water conservation garden message. The town is quite set on this water garden. Any thoughts on how to handle this situation?
Thanks~