Mercury Videos and Alligator droppings!!

Unique combination hey?
Just a note to advise that as of today, I will have sent out all of the free
Mercury videos requested by members of this list service. If you do not
receive your video by December 18th, contact me via email and I will check my
list. Will send another if necessary.
Also I have a unique problem for the more creative among us.  A question on
how to clean up alligator poop! (smile)
Here's the "scoop" ( stop!!!)
We have a client facility that raises 3000-4000 alligators a year for hides
and meat.  The growth pens are washed out several times a week resulting in
slugs of highly concentrated wastewater.  The treatment plant does a fair job
on reduction of BOD and TSS.  The facility discharges to surface waters in a
nearby ranch canal. The discharge has 300 BOD, 300 Ammonia and 60 total
Phosphorus.  We evaluated the discharge and gave them a 2.0 Ammonia and 5 BOD
limit, which they say they cannot meet. We want the discharge to meet Class
III surface water quality standards (Rule 62-302.530 FAC).
All (serious or amusing) suggestions will be greatly appreciated. The best

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays everyone.

Deborah MacCormac
FDEP- Orlando
P2 / Special Projects