Re: Mercury Videos and Alligator droppings!!

Oh, boy, how many of us remember the great Chicken/Alligator
thread for a few years back?

It's hard to say much without seeing the facility. It sounds
like the tanks get pretty filthy between washouts.  If the
operators continuously run more water through the tanks, the
slug when the tanks are washed will be cleaner, and the
treatment plant will be able to clean to a higher standard.
They've got a long ways to go on ammonia.  Clearly (if that's
the operative word), lots of well-fed alligators in a small
space will dirty the water, but good water circulation in the
tanks will allow the tanks themselves to act as a preliminary
treatment step.  You know the old adage, "running water
cleans itself."

Better yet would be if the pumps used to circulate the water
in the tanks pump through filters, which all on their own
will become impregnated with water-cleansing bacteria and do
even more of the treatment work.

But perhaps the alligator farm already has all these measures
in place.

Lots of luck.

-Kirsten