RE: Mercury Videos and Alligator droppings!! PLEASE DELETE the "first"version of this request immediately and read this one.

No solutions, but this reminds of of what my Rabbi's daughter in Arizona
( I was their first baby sitter) once wrote back from Kibbutz in Israel.
"I came to learn history and culture, and here I am scooping poop in the
chicken coop.  I will not detail how my son many years later described
in another experience cleaning poop covering floors out turkey houses
(just getting the birds out in the first place was hilarious--if you
were not the one doing it).

Diane D. Buxbaum,  M.P.H.
Environmental Scientist
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency  Region 2
DECA/CAPSB
290 Broadway, 21 East
New York, NY 10007
phone: 212-637-3919
fax: 212-637-4086
email: buxbaum.diane@epa.gov

                      "MacCormac, Deborah"
                      <Deborah.MacCormac@dep.s         To:      p2tech@great-lakes.net
                      tate.fl.us>                      cc:      "Elliott, Gene" <Gene.Elliott@dep.state.fl.us>
                      Sent by:                         Subject: RE: Mercury Videos and Alligator droppings!!
                      owner-p2tech@great-lakes         PLEASE DELETE the "first" version of this request
                      .net                             immediately and read this one.

                      12/10/02 10:42 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "MacCormac, Deborah"

Unique combination hey?

             Just a note to advise that as of today, I will have sent
out all of
the free Mercury videos requested by members of this list service. If
you do
not receive your video by December 18th, contact me via email and I will
check my list. Will send another if necessary.
             Also I have a unique problem for the more creative among
us.  A
question on how to clean up alligator poop! (smile)
             Here's the "scoop" ( stop!!!)
             We have a client facility that raises 3000-4000 alligators
a year for
hides and meat.  The growth pens are washed out several times a week
resulting in slugs of highly concentrated wastewater.  The treatment
plant
does a fair job on reduction of BOD and TSS.  The facility discharges to
surface waters in a nearby ranch canal. The discharge has 300 BOD, 300
Ammonia and 60 total Phosphorus.  We evaluated the discharge and gave
them a
2.0 Ammonia and 5 BOD limit, which they say they cannot meet. We want
the
discharge to meet Class III surface water quality standards (Rule
62-302.530
FAC).
             All (serious or amusing) suggestions will be greatly
appreciated. The
best responses will be shared with all.

             Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays everyone.

             Deborah MacCormac
             FDEP- Orlando
             P2 / Special Projects