RE: Industry environmental initiative waning?

I have mentioned this resource before but it is so applicable to this thread

The best resource I have ever found on getting people and organizations to
change their behavior is www.cbsm.com.  It is about Community Based Social
Marketing and includes the entire free book, Fostering Sustainable Behavior.
I cannot recommend it enough.  It identifies key strategies, based on
empirical research and experiments, that really work in getting change to
happen.  The strategies are designed for getting people to recycle, fill
their tires with air properly, etc. but they can be applied just as well to
companies.  Anyone designing P2 promotion programs needs to visit this site,
examine the resources and read the book.  Really.

Burt Hamner