alternatives sought: tape adhesive removal and acid wash finish

Hi, all -

I've received a request from a firm in our region that makes prestressed
concrete panels.  I know we've talked about form release materials before -
moving from form oil to an alternative - he's transitioning the firm to
something he calls "monofilm" that he says  is not oilbased - i haven't
seen the msds as yet  But he has a couple of other opportunities where I
would welcome yoru comments-

1)  The unique modifications of each panel from straight & flat are done by
adhering a smaller wooden or foam object onto the steel form with an
adhesive tape that leaves a residue.  The residue is currently cleaned with
toluene - and they want to move to something else.  Production is done in
an environment that is subject to freezing - so water-based alternatives or
others that could pose a freezing hazard on the production floor won't be
met kindly.  A run through SAGE gave us some chemical and process
suggestions - I wonder if anyone has practical experience with this issue.

2)  While we spoke, he mentioned that the product is given a finish by
sandblasting and an acid wash.  He's interested in moving away from the
acid wash - and again this is done in what is this time of year a cold
environment.  A high pressure spray is OK, as long as it doesn't freeze and
can offer the same luster(?).  My suggestion was to add something to
depress the freezing point.  Any suggestions?  The engineer next to me
(from food processing background) suggested sugar - that will get it to 4
degrees F.  I didn't suggest restructuring the layout (haven't been on site
as yet)  - either for reuse or to avoid the workplace freezing  issue
(grate over a pit).

regards,

ry

Richard Yoder, PE