RE: Industry environmental initiative waning

We also have the organizational guide and its online companion available at
our web site below.

http://www.p2pays.org/ref/19/18328.htm
http://www.p2pays.org/ref/19/18336.pdf

Just to add my two cents worth to this string, there are two questions to
answer whenever you are trying to make a sale to senior management: "Why?"
and "Why now?".  The P2 community has done an excellent job on the first
one: because it saves money, because it saves energy, because it reduces
your dependence on supplier XYZ, because it is in your long term best
interest, etc., etc. etc....
However the only responses to "Why now?" we can think of is because
otherwise you'll go to jail (which is a good one when available) or, in a
few cases, because you've applied for this award.  Small innovation grants
(the equivalent to a discount on the purchase price - limited time offer)
used to be available but aren't generally available any more.  I frankly
wish I had a better answer to "Why now?" (e.g. sale ends on Jan 2 or its
equivalent) otherwise we are always competing against other urgent internal
priorities for funds and losing out to better stories when our main one
(otherwise you'll go to jail) weakens.  Anyone else have good ideas on how
to close a sale?  Maybe we need to supplement our engineers with a couple of
retired used car salesmen.

John Calcagni