RE: Energy Efficiency Database for Appliances?

Gary, et al.--

I can't help with the appliance model listing but I want to follow up on John's comment about how greenhouse gas (and criteria pollutant) emissions depend on the fuel mix of individual utilities.  If you don't have specific utility information or you want to do a rough calculation by state, DOE's Energy Information Administration has state level summary reports on electricity production that also includes estimates of NOx, SO2, and CO2 emissions.

See http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/states/_states.html , click on the state of interest, then click on "summary" under "electric."   From that you can derive rough emissions per kWh figures.  Be aware that the emissions are for utility and non-utility power producers combined and you may (or may not) want to consider power imports and exports.

The Energy Star site John noted also provides Energy Star efficiency criteria vs. minimum federal standards or even typical models (see http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=refrig.pr_refrigerators for instance).  This may help if you don't have data on specific models.

I hope this is helpful.

Rod

Rodney Sobin
Air Permitting Program Coordinator