Future of NPPR

Forwarded on behalf of Mr. Ken Zarker

Dear NPPR Members and Friends!

As many of you know, Natalie Roy has recently accepted the Deputy Director
position at the Environmental Council of the States (ECOS).  And as many
of you know, Natlie is an extraordinary person that has given so much to
the P2 community over the years, that we will miss her talents and
energy.

We are proud of Natalie' efforts and overall, this move should be positive
for both Natalie and the Roundtable. Nat will still be able to advocate
for P2 and the NPPR will move forward by drawing on the strength of the
organization - its members and peers.

Natalie's departure undoubtedly raises questions in your mind:

1) What about the future of NPPR?

In every time of intense and challenging change there are opportunities
for growth and transformation.  During the next few months, The Board will
be engaging in some interesting discussions about the direction and
organizational evolution of the Roundtable and how that translates into an
optimal organization arrangement.

The board will be considering a variety of scenarios and I would appreciate
 hearing your ideas and thoughts.   To engage in this discussion, we are going to use our state of the art
interactive web-based forum.   Click on the following link and share your
thoughts!

http://www.p2.org/forum/

or call me at 512-239-3145.

2) In the meantime, who is minding the store?

We have three hard-working associates working in the office in DC:
Manisha;  Renuka and Megan.

They are helping with clerical support for the conference, continuing
program and office activities, and the update of the Legislative Compendium

The Executive Committee of the Board is  meeting regularly to serves the
nerve center for the organization, and I'll be effectively acting as
Interim Director with day to day management and fiduciary responsibility.

3)      What about the conference??

It is hard to imagine a Spring meeting without Nat but we are carrying on,
and we hope will not miss a beat.   Not surprisingly, the local host
committee, comprised of national P2 Leaders:  the Kentucky Pollution
Prevention Center and the Kentucky Business Environmental Assistance
Program, P2Rx and others, are awesome.  They are planning on doing their
home state proud with special events,  site visits and great sponsors.

NPPR staff in the office have their fingers on the flow of information
and we have hired Terrachord LLC (long-time NPPR supporters:   Greg Geyer
and Parry Burnap) to steward the conference - finalize the  agenda and
coordinate the pieces - through to the finish line.  They have hired a
professional environmental conference planner extraordinaire, Linda Smith,
to make sure that all the details that form the foundation of the
conference are stable and smooth!

If you have any general questions about the conference, feel free to send
any and all e-mails to -p2spring@p2.org

We will make sure the right person replies or calls you back promptly!

E-mails will be easier for us to manage, but if you need to call, call
Parry Burnap at Terrachord at 303-778-0313