From: Listman [mailto:listman@wmrc.uiuc.edu]
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 11:03 AM
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject: Future of NPPR

Forwarded on behalf of Mr. Ken Zarker

Dear NPPR Members and Friends!

As many of you know, Natalie Roy has recently accepted the Deputy Director
position at the Environmental Council of the States (ECOS).  And as many
of you know, Natlie is an extraordinary person that has given so much to
the P2 community over the years, that we will miss her talents and
energy.

We are proud of Natalie' efforts and overall, this move should be positive
for both Natalie and the Roundtable. Nat will still be able to advocate
for P2 and the NPPR will move forward by drawing on the strength of the
organization - its members and peers.

Natalie's departure undoubtedly raises questions in your mind:

1) What about the future of NPPR?

In every time of intense and challenging change there are opportunities
for growth and transformation.  During the next few months, The Board will
be engaging in some interesting discussions about the direction and
organizational evolution of the Roundtable and how that translates into an
optimal organization arrangement.

The board will be considering a variety of scenarios and I would appreciate
  hearing your ideas and thoughts.   To engage in this discussion, we are
going to use our state of the art
interactive web-based forum.   Click on the following link and share your
thoughts!

http://www.p2.org/forum/

or call me at 512-239-3145.

2) In the meantime, who is minding the store?

We have three hard-working associates working in the office in DC:
Manisha;  Renuka and Megan.

They are helping with clerical support for the conference, continuing
program and office activities, and the update of the Legislative Compendium