Alternative Adhesives

Dear p2tech,

I recently received the following request from our Retired Engineer
Technical Assistance Program.  Any suggestions that I can forward to our
RETAP team are greatly appreciated.  Sincerely,

David Herb
Pollution Prevention Program
MDEQ - ESSD
Lansing, Michigan
Phone: 517-241-8176

A company currently uses solvent based adhesives containing toluene,
xylene and acetone.  The company would like to switch to an adhesive
that is less toxic, flammable, or aromatic.

The adhesive is used to join synthetic rubber compounds together.
Imagine two sheets of matting, like a conveyor belt that need the two
ends lapped and glued together, and maybe seamed with another strip of
synthetic rubber.  If you know of any potential alternative adhesives or
resources for best identifying alternatives, we will include the
information in our report to the company.