RE: Cleaning Solvent Alternative(s) for Airplane Engines

>From my past life in Corporate America in the Aerospace Industry I am
familiar with one case where the outside of engine cowlings and engine cases
were wiped with the commercial product "Glass Plus" to remove oil
stains/leaks.  I know that "Windex" contains ammonia which can be bad on
some metal parts (hydrogen embrittlement, etc.) but if my memory serves me
well I think the "Glass Plus" product did not contain ammonia.  Anyway it
was being used with the blessing of those knowledgable in compatible
materials.  I don't have any specific contacts as most have been hit by
downsizing and are elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

Dale H. Francke, P.E.
Engineering Service Professionals, Inc.
772.486.3909
e-mail:   dale@espsupport.com

Professional Engineer - State of FL

Visit us at:   www.espsupport.com

==========NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and
privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer.
==