From: owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net [mailto:owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net] On Behalf Of Sue Schauls
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 9:10 AM
To: P2 providers in Region 7; P2 Tech Listserve
Cc: Ana Maria Nanra; Ed Weiler
Subject: Cost Calculator for Body Shops

Cost Calculators for Body Shops were developed by the Iowa Waste Reduction Center's Small Business Pollution Prevention Center. The project's goal was to break down the barrier to implementation of equipment that is useful in waste reduction and pollution prevention. The project write up can be found at

The IWRC has developed three cost calculators to help the small auto body repair shop determine if it is beneficial for a facility to invest in equipment. The equipment evaluated are:

Sources of information used to develop the calculators can be found with each individual calculator. Information needed to use the calculators is limited to the amount of paint used per year, the average cost of paint used, and/or the amount of solvent/thinner used per year.

My apology for cross posting,

Sue

Sue Schauls
Program Manager
Small Business Pollution Prevention Center
Iowa Waste Reduction Center
1005 Technology Parkway
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
1-800-422-3109