From: Sue Schauls [mailto:Sue.Schauls@uni.edu]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 3:59 PM
To: P2 Tech Listserve; P2 providers in Region 7
Subject: What are the P2 priorities for small business?

What are the Pollution Prevention priorities for small business?

The Small Business Pollution Prevention Center (SBPPC) of the Iowa Waste Reduction Center has worked toward bridging the gap for small business environmental stewardship for the past nine years through applied research and training efforts targeted for small business.  Highlights of our accomplishments include:

         The Mobile Outreach for Pollution Prevention (MOPP) demonstration unit.

         The Environmental Management System (EMS) Service Center.

         Printed and web-based industry specific guidance manuals.

         Created training tools for community college programs addressing pollution prevention.

         Conducting applied research in waste specific problems to determine practical solutions.

Work remains to be done in applied research and providing training tools for small business to implement Pollution Prevention (P2) technologies.

To better focus these resources I would like to develop a “Small Business P2 Priorities List” through concensus of the listserv participants.

I have reviewed the list developed in 2000 by an NPPR workgroup and provided by MNTap’s Cindy McComas to EPA’s Ed Weiler for consideration in SBIR projects (our current dry machining project was initiated as a result.) So please respond... I will compile the list and then post the results for further discussion.

 What are the Pollution Prevention priorities for small business?

Thanks,
Sue Schauls

Sue Schauls
Program Manager
Small Business Pollution Prevention Center
Iowa Waste Reduction Center
1005 Technology Parkway
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
1-800-422-3109