RE: Bathroom Fixture Recycling

I'd suggest Habitat for Humanity as a possible outlet.  I also heard that Hampton Roads VA did a swap out program and faced a disposal problem.  I understand they ground them up into aggregate and used them to seed Oyster beds where they worked fantastically.  I don't have a contact in Hampton Roads but let me know if you want me to see what else I can find out.
John Calcagni
-----Original Message-----
From: Julie Sieving [mailto:jsieving@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 4:37 PM
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject: Bathroom Fixture Recycling

Hi All,

I'm currently working on a large scale water conservation project.  Potentially, this project could be upgrading a large number (thousands) of toilets and faucets - leaving all the existing units behind.  Does anyone out there know of any contacts for porcelain recycling and/or metal recyclers that would accept sink fixtures?  Any leads are greatly appreciated.

Thanks - jks

Julie Sieving
jsieving@yahoo.com
Yahoo!