A Reminder: Publicizing P2/EMS/Compliance Assistance Events andPublications on ChemAlliance

Ken Zarker's recent posting regarding the EMS workshop in San Antonio
next month (see
http://www.chemalliance.org/News/index.asp?StoryID=1116&Display=Full)
reminded me that it's been a while since I invited participants on this
list to send me announcements of any relevant announcements which you'd
like brought to the attention of people working in or with the chemical
process industries.  I will post as many as possible on the ChemAlliance
web site (www.chemalliance.org) where they'll be seen by approximately
7,000 users per month.  About half of our users are involved directly
(as environmental managers) or indirectly (as consultants, contractors,
etc) in the chemical industry.  The remainder are people like
yourselves, technical assistance providers.  In addition, ChemAlliance
news is syndicated to other technical assistance sites via our news
sharing service.  Currently these syndicated users include SectorStar
(www.sectorstar.org) and the National Compliance Assistance
Clearinghouse (www.epa.gov/clearinghouse/).

Areas of interest include anything that we typically cover on the
ChemAlliance site, including the following:

- cost-effective environmental compliance strategies
- environmental management systems
- green chemistry and engineering
- "traditional" P2 strategies applied to the chemical industry
- chemical plant safety
- sustainable industry trends, especially as applied to the chemical
industry

We are always in search of conference announcements, information about
new tools and web resources, and related information of interest to the
industry.  Press releases sent directly to my attention will often be
posted on our site within 24 hours, and usually get my attention more
effectively than posts to mailing lists.

I'd also like to invite the P2TECH community to check out our new
Chemical Industry discussion board, located at:

http://www.chemalliance.org/compliance_forum/default.asp

This board is designed to complement tools like P2TECH by providing a
more interactive environment for discussing issues affecting compliance
and technical assistance in the Chemical Process Industries.  We'll be
posting more information about this board in the near future.

cheers,

Scott Butner
Director, ChemAlliance
c/o Pacific NW National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA  99352
Voice: (509)-372-4946/Fax: (509) 375-2443
Website: http://www.chemalliance.org/
E-mail: scott.butner@pnl.gov