Re: SEPs

Hey, Phil -

you know, a few years ago I gave some thought to doing a topic hub on SEPs,
but bailed because of the EPA SEP database - but now I think they have
dropped that project.  May be time to look into this again.  Anyway - I
think it's a good idea and am glad you are doing something with this.

Region 3 has an SEP "Idea Bank" - they partition by statute - that looks
like a decent way to capture and manage the information - I'm not sure if
there is enough info for you:
http://www.epa.gov/reg3ecej/enforcement/sepindex.htm and the main page
http://www.epa.gov/reg3ecej/enforcement/sepbank.htm

NREL has been touting SEPs to develop clean energy projects of late.  The
link is a presentaiton given to the state energy organizations.  Contact
our mutual friend Denise Rayborn on that.
http://www.naseo.org/events/annual/2001/presentations/tombari.PDF

I don't know  how applicable Ohio's information is to the Region 7 and in
your case NDEQ approval of projects, but they did a nice job documenting
their SEP activity:
http://www.epa.state.oh.us/opp/p2regint/p2sep1.html

There are some really old, but functional, links at envirosense:
http://es.epa.gov/techinfo/sep/sep.html

cheers,

ry

********************************
Richard Yoder, PE
Director, P2ric.org
1313 Farnam St.   Ste. 230
Omaha, NE  68182

402-595-2381
fax: 402-595-2385
ryoder@unomaha.edu
http://www.p2ric.org
http://nbdc.unomaha.edu
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      bounce-p2r7-1865@        Subject:  SEPs
                      p2ric.org

                      06/19/2003 11:29
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "This is a
                      mailing list for
                      P2 providers in
                      Region 7"

The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department is looking for ideas for
creative, community-based Supplemental Environmental Projects. We wish to
create a list of a couple of dozen ideas, grouped by media and regulation,
to give to businesses. This list is not intended to be restrictive nor
all-inclusive but can serve as a starting point for discussion or
brainstorming when a business faces a penalty. It might also serve as a
type of guidance document.

If anyone out there has any success stories of SEPs that have been unique,
benefitted the community at large, and met the EPA criteria for an
acceptable SEP, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks,

Phil Rooney
Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department
3140 N Street
Lincoln, NE 68510

Please direct p2R7 administrative queries to contact@p2ric.org or
leave a message at 402-595-2381.
---------

For those new to this listserv: P2RIC sends out a weekly newsletter with
direct links to the articles. P2RIC's headlines are updated several times
throughout the week at http://www.p2ric.org and a complete archive of
previous headlines can be found at
http://www.p2ric.org/envnews/NewsbyDate.cfm.