Environmental Issues and Regulations Relating to Medical Waste in Developing Countries?

Hello –

I was wondering if there was anyone on the list who had particular expertise (or knows of someone with particular expertise) in the environmental issues and possible regulations relating to the disposal of hypodermic needles in developing countries.  This is for a project that I may start in the fall involving hypodermic needle use in developing countries and the possible development/commercialization alternative medical injection technologies to overcome the public health and environmental issues.

I can be reached at my school email address listed below, or I can also be reached via phone at the Kenan Institute Asia in Bangkok at (662)229-3131 or 229-3132.  You may then need to press 0 for the Operator.  Then, ask to be transferred to the Labor Standards Advisory Services Division.  Bangkok time is 11 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time, FYI.

Thanks!

Karen

Karen Seeh

MBA Candidate, expected May 2004