From: "Warnick, Janet" <jwarnick@state.pa.us>
To: <p2tech@great-lakes.net>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 10:38 AM
Subject: Dairy Farming

> Hello!
>
> Please forward any information or experience regarding success stories
involving the reduction of  BOD and TSS in waste water from cottage cheese
production.  pH is also a concern.   A Pa dairy farmer and cottage cheese
manufacturer is having difficultly  meeting their pretreatment limits to a
municipal sewer authority.  I have downloaded several useful documents from
the Waste Reduction Resource center earlier today but thought I'd get this
out to see if any of you have had any success working with a farmer or a
dairy food processor who may have found themselves in a similar situation.