EPA STAR Grant Announcement Update

FYI - Please reply to contacts noted (not me!)

The following announcement lists a new funding opportunity sponsored by
the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's National Center for
Environmental Research (NCER).
Title: Market Mechanisms and Incentives for Environmental Management
(MM&I)

Open Date: 06/27/2003  -  Close Date: 10/22/2003

Science to Achieve Results (STAR) program, is seeking applications for
research leading to improved, theoretically sound, empirical analyses of
the feasibility and effectiveness of market mechanisms and economic
incentives (MM&I) as substitutes for, or complements to, traditional
environmental management programs. The terms "market mechanisms" and
"incentives" refer to approaches that rely on economic incentives,
market forces, or financial mechanisms to encourage regulated entities
to reduce emissions, discharges and waste generation, or generally
improve environmental performance. EPA is interested in supporting
research on practical applications of MM&I approaches related to its
mission; i.e., protecting environmental quality and human health.