Fwd: Paperless hospital?

Jan,

The EPA Pollution Prevention Guide ("An Organizational Guide to Pollution
Prevention) suggests that you prepare a list of "processes" at the hospital
that use and lose paper (being attentive to the supporting processes
associated with the main mission critical processes.  You could select the
20% of these processes that create 80% of the paper use.  You can then seek
to change the process in such a way that it uses less paper or no
paper.   Unless you are designing a new facility, it is real hard to wave
the magic technology wand and make all the paper go away.  While this
approach sounds (dare I say) incremental, you can experience
"breakthroughs" by leveraging the lessons learned on one process with
similar processes on your list.  Since workers will be in charge of making
these process changes, the buy-in should be better than a
management-dictated ("top-down) solution.

Bob Pojasek