Follow-up: Help Save TURI from the budget axe!

Title: Message
All --

First of all, thank you for the several subscribers who have already sent notes in support of TURI, or otherwise expressed your support.

Secondly, a colleague who is more politically savvy than I am (actually, that describes MOST of my colleagues) reminds me that it is important to get messages of TURI's value to the executive branch.  While it is useful to get the word to Rep. Finneran,  the important thing is to educate the governor and his cabinet.

It has been suggested that e-mails in support of TURI should be sent to  GOffice@state.ma.us, to the attention of Governor Mitt Romney's Chief of Commonwealth Development (under which Environment is now situated), Douglas Foy.  Mr. Foy is a long-time dedicated environmentalist who needs an education on this!  It should be very impressive to hear from people out of state who see the program as you do.  The executive branch should be asked to send a message to the legislature that it would not regret a modification of this line item.

Thanks again.

Scott

Scott Butner
Director, ChemAlliance
c/o Pacific NW National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA  99352
Voice: (509)-372-4946/Fax: (509) 375-2443
Website: http://www.chemalliance.org/
E-mail: scott.butner@pnl.gov