RE: Paperless wireless hospital--batteries

Terry et al.--

Regarding batteries there are some recharging devices for nickel metal
hydride, nickel cadmium, and lithium ion batteries that use "intelligent
charge controls" to overcome the memory effect, overcharging, and
overheating that contribute to battery failure.  One brand is Pulse Power (
http://www.pulsepower.com/ ), which claims to be able to get a couple of
thousand charge cycles out of NiCd batteries versus several hundred with
conventional rechargers.  I don't have first hand experience with the
product so I can't vouch for it but there are some testimonials on the web
site and a distributor I know (I can provide contact info if you wish)
provided me additional testimonials  (such as from an Army base), cost
savings data (from a city that uses the devices), and a technical
write-up.  I presume (but don't know for sure) that there are competing
products that are also purported to greatly increase battery life.

Regards,
Rod=20

Rodney Sobin
Air Permitting Program Coordinator
Postal: P.O. Box 10009, Richmond, VA 23240-0009
Street:  629 E. Main St., Richmond, VA 23233-2429
Tel. 804-698-4382	fax 804-698-4264  Rsobin@deq.state.va.us
DEQ Innovative Technology http://www.deq.state.va.us/innovtech
Chesapeake Bay Program Innovative Technology http://www.chesapeakebay.net/i=
nnovative.htm <http://www.chesapeakebay.net/innovative.html>=20