re: Problem with re-refined motor oil on mountain roads

The most immediate culprit that springs to mind in this case could be the weight (i.e., viscosity) of the re-refined oil. Under the conditions in which they are using these vehicles, they might require a very low viscosity (0W -15W), whereas the re-refined oil, coming from non-discrete blended stocks, is likely to be comprised of a high percentage of 30W-40W oils.
DRI
NORBIC
Chicago

,