From: Waddell, Dave [mailto:Dave.Waddell@METROKC.GOV]
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 2:44 PM
To: 'Cathy Buller'; 'Eun-Sook Goidel'; lynn.helbrecht@ofm.wa.gov
Cc: Waddell, Dave
Subject: RE: Government Swap Shops?

http://www.metrokc.gov/hazwaste/imex/ links to IMEX  - the regional "Industrial Materials Exchange."  Includes business as well as government/education/other contacts seeking to exchange materials.

Here's an IMEX in their neighborhood.

Industrial Material Exchange Service
PO Box 19276, #34,
Springfield, IL 62794-9276
(217) 782-0450; Fax (217) 782-9142

The University of Washington (UW) has set up an internal recycling program for many of their solvents (xylene, alcohols from stain lines and some of their formalin).  Good contacts for info on their programs are Sheila Lockwood at lockwood@u.washington.edu or Doug Galluci at  douglasg@u.washington.edu

Much of the UW internal recycling work is also being done at area hospitals on their cytology lab's stain lines (alcohols) and pathology lab's tissue processing work is accomplished through in-line filtration provided and developed by a company called Creative Waste Solutions out of Portland Oregon http://www.cwsincorp.com/

This (materials exchange) is something I'm also talking with the Kent School District about piloting.  Contact on that process is me...
dave.waddell@metrokc.gov