Re: Pollution Prevention promotional banner

Hi,

David Wigglesworth mentioned to me once an acronymical (is that a word?)
phrase that I have yet to see anyone use:

COWBOY - Cut Out Waste, Best Option Yet

We're pushing a simple, direct "Fight Waste!" theme right now.  Take a look
at our new temporary tattoos:
http://p2ric.org/Vlibrary/tattoos.cfm

Both seem to fit the times......

I've always liked the work done by MnTAP to emphasize prevention, including
designing some reduction-oriented alternative graphics to the recycling
triangle -
http://www.moea.state.mn.us/p2week99/clipart.cfm

We also put together a "reduce, reuse, rethink" graphic rework of the
recycling triangle for our MEP delivery of Environmental Kaizen training
(the flyers & posters look better than the web graphic, but you get the
idea):
http://nbdc.unomaha.edu/lean/P2kaizen.cfm

let me know if we can help you out any more

rick

********************************
Richard Yoder, PE
Director, P2ric.org
1313 Farnam St.   Ste. 230
Omaha, NE  68182

402-595-1653
fax: 402-595-2385
ryoder@unomaha.edu
http://www.p2ric.org
http://nbdc.unomaha.edu
*******************************

             "MacCormac,
             Deborah"
             <Deborah.MacCorma                                          To
             c@dep.state.fl.us
             >                         <p2tech@great-lakes.net>
             owner-p2tech@grea
             t-lakes.net

             09/08/2003 12:53
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       Pollution Prevention promotional
                                       banner
             Please respond to
                "MacCormac,
                 Deborah"
             <Deborah.MacCorma
             c@dep.state.fl.us

I'm working on creating an inexpensive, laminated P2 banner to take with me
to frequent public outreach events. Want to get the words "Pollution
Prevention" up in plain view.
Am looking for a creative bi-line that captures the essence of reducing
pollution at the source,  that is more self-explanatory.  Created
"Pre-production waste reduction" that has a nice ring to it, but somehow it
narrows P2 to manufacturing functions. Was wondering if anyone out there
had
something better and would be willing to share their idea.
Thanks
Deborah MacCormac
FDEP - Orlando