I have a question

Listman Note: Please reply directly to this person (or make sure to cc him
on your reply). He's not a member of P2Tech. Thanks! Laura B.

I am specifying a metal plating process to be done prior to powder coating,
I am currently using zinc phosphate before powder coating, I am looking at
changing to iron phosphate and powder coating, but I am really worried about
down grading to a lower environmental resistance so I have chosen to go to
zinc plating and then powder coating.

Well this is the background now here is my question:

Do you think zinc plating and powder coating is better corrosion protection
than zinc phosphate and powder coating?
Do you know where I can find documentation to support this?

Thanks

Luis E. Gallardo
Mechanical Engineer

Rain Bird Corp.