Re: Papers on P2 Payback Needed

I think that the paper that you may be trying to remember is

Boyd, James.  1998.  Searching for the Profit in Pollution Prevention: Case Studies in the Corporate Evaluation of Environmental Opportunities.  Washington: Resources for the Future <http://www.rff.org/Documents/RFF-DP-98-30.pdf>
and the press release at
http://www.rff.org/rff/News/Releases/1998/Can-Pollution-Prevention-Investments-Produce-a-Win-Win-for-Industry-and-the-Environment.cfm

Other versions of what I'd guess are the same or related work is:

Corporate Evaluation of Pollution Prevention Opportunities
James Boyd
Empirical Studies of Environmental Policies in Europe | Jurgen von Hagen and John Maxwell, eds. | Amsterdam, The Netherlands: Kluwer-Nijoff | 2000

The Pollution Prevention Puzzle: Which Policies Will Unlock the Profits?
James W. Boyd
Resources | Spring 1998 (131)
Searching for the Profit in Pollution Prevention: Case Studies in the Corporate Evaluation of Environmental Opportunities
James Boyd
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Report | EPA 742-R-98-005
A publication of the EPA's Environmental Accounting Project

        Good luck with your efforts.

Reid Lifset