Storage Waste From Polyester Resin

Title: Message
I would like to assist a fiberglasser to find ways to reduce the waste from their polyester resin bulk storage tank.  This company states the problem this way:

"The waste resin is a result of emptying and cleaning our bulk resin storage tank. This cleaning is typically done annually. The wastes result from residual resin in the tank from the film left as the tank is repeatedly filled and emptied. The residual air dries or starts to gel. Also, styrene evaporates from the resin in the tank and tends to form stalactites on the inside tank roof."

Does anyone know of a reasonable way to reduce the creation of such waste?  It is only about 2600 lbs of waste out of more than a million pounds of resin, but it would be great to be able to minimize its generation.

Judy Kennedy
Hazardous Waste and Toxics Reduction Program
Washington State Department of Ecology
P.O.Box 47775
Olympia, WA  98504-7775
Phone (360) 407-6385