Of Solar Flares, the Governator, and mind-control monkeys...

List subscribers --

Please pardon the cross-posting.  But time is running out!

A lot has happened to distract you since I last asked you to fill out
the ChemAlliance User Survey.  Between between news of massive solar
flares, a brief but very real possibility of a Cubs/Red Sox World
Series, and the election of a homicidal cyborg from 500 years in the
future as Governor of California, it's entirely possible that you
considered (as I did) the distinct possibility that these events were
signs that the world was about to come to an end.

Possibly, you responded (as I did) by throwing up your hands and saying
"What's the use?!?  I'm going fishing!"

As I did.

Well, OK, I do that pretty much all the time, anyway.  The solar flares,
etc just make for a good excuse.  Or at least I thought they were good
excuses until I had a little chat with my manager....

In any event, I digress.  The point I am trying to make is that I
UNDERSTAND that you didn't have a chance to fill out the user survey.  I
feel your....well, if not your pain, at least I share your distraction.

But, on the SLIGHT chance that the world is not (presently) coming to an
end, we could really use your feedback.  And despite the fact that
science is making great strides in bringing us mind-control monkeys that
can play video games by thinking right thoughts, it could be many more
months or even years before this technology can be put to use preventing
pollution.  So for now, it's up to us.  And as long as we're going to be
stuck here on Earth, we might as well clean up the place a little bit.

You know, in case company decides to drop by or something.

So please remember to fill out the ChemAlliance user survey
(http://www.chemalliance.org/usersurvey.html) before the end of the
week, when it will vanish in a cloud of electrons.

Better yet, do it today.  Because you never know what tomorrow will
bring.  :)

===============================
Scott Butner
Director, ChemAlliance
(and moderator, AICHE-ENV and ChemAlliance discussion lists)
c/o Pacific NW National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA  99352
Voice: (509)-372-4946/Fax: (509) 375-2443
Website: http://www.chemalliance.org/
E-mail: scott.butner@pnl.gov