Fact sheets on mercury and lamps

As part of our Purchasing for Pollution Prevention program, INFORM has
posted a set of fact sheets on mercury reduction and energy-efficient
lighting.

All fluorescent, compact fluorescent, low-pressure sodium, and metal
halide lamps contain mercury. Facilities can improve energy efficiency
and reduce mercury consumption by purchasing and installing
energy-efficient lamps with the lowest mercury amount.

Topics covered include:

* Model specification language for lamp purchasing contracts

* Performance, price, and availability of reduced-mercury options for
energy-efficient high-bay lighting (used in warehouses and manufacturing
facilities)

* Interpretation of TCLP test results for fluorescent lamps

* Mercury content disclosure requirements and results of the 2003 New
Jersey lamps contract

The fact sheets are available at
http://www.informinc.org/fact_P3mercury_lamps.php .

If you need assistance developing your own specifications for a lamp
contract, have comments on our fact sheets, or would like to suggest
other products we should cover, please email me directly (not on the
listserve) at sutherland@informinc.org.

Lara Sutherland
Senior Research Associate
INFORM, Inc.