Reducing mercury through LED exit signs

As part of our Purchasing for Pollution Prevention program, INFORM has
posted a fact sheet on Environmentally Preferable LED Exit Signs at
http://www.informinc.org/fact_P3exit_signs.php .

LED exit signs are significantly more energy efficient than
fluorescent-lamp exit signs and contain no mercury.

One fluorescent-lamp exit sign can contain more than 10 mg of mercury.

Topics covered include:

* Comparative performance of incandescent, fluorescent, and LED exit
signs

* Financial savings estimates for using LED exit signs

* Retrofit options

The fact sheet is available at
http://www.informinc.org/fact_P3exit_signs.php .

If you need assistance developing your own specifications for purchasing
contract, have comments on our fact sheets, or would like to suggest
other products we should cover, please email me directly (not on the
listserve) at sutherland@informinc.org.
--
Lara Sutherland
Senior Research Associate