RE: Availability of "Engines", Calculators or Worksheets

Cindy--

DOE has a variety of tools that may be of interest to your retired engineers program (and perhaps of interest to other P2Techers).

DOE Office of Industrial Technologies "Best Practices" http://www.oit.doe.gov/bestpractices/
Software tools at http://www.oit.doe.gov/bestpractices/software_tools.shtml cover compressed air, motors, process heat, pumping, and steam system assessment and management.

DOE Distributed Energy Resources
Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Walk-Through Analysis http://www.eere.energy.gov/der/chp/chp-eval1.html
CHP Feasibility Analysis http://www.eere.energy.gov/der/chp/chp-eval2.html

EnergyStar Portfolio Manager--benchmark and assess building energy performance
http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=evaluate_performance.bus_portfoliomanager

DOE Rebuild America "Solution Center" http://www.rebuild.gov/lawson/productservices.asp
Click on the links on the left side of the page ("No/Low Cost Improvements," "Energy Efficiency Retrofits," etc.) to access links to various calculators, tools, and other resources.  Some of the linked DOE FEMP tools also cover water.

I hope this is helpful.

Rod

Rodney Sobin
Office of Air Permit Programs
Postal: P.O. Box 10009, Richmond, VA 23240-0009
Street:  629 E. Main St., Richmond, VA 23233-2429
Tel. 804-698-4382	fax 804-698-4264  Rsobin@deq.state.va.us
DEQ Innovative Technology http://www.deq.state.va.us/innovtech
Chesapeake Bay Program Innovative Technology http://www.chesapeakebay.net/innovative.htm
Virginia Environmental Services Network http://www.vesn.org