RE: P2 in Paint Manufacturing

In a continuation of a recent thread on P2TECH, Bob Pojasek
(rpojasek@sprynet.com) wrote (in part):

> There is a saying that "when you are a hammer, everything looks like a
nail."
> I guess that Scott's caution is that there are screws, staples, tape,
glue, and
> a host of other items besides the nails and hammers.

actually, Bob, I've always kind of pictured myself as a monkeywrench....
:-)

you are, of course, right in pointing out the non-technology options.

Thanks for chiming in.

(oh, and the hammer quote?  I think it was originally "If the only tool
you have is a hammer, then every problem looks like a nail" -- its
original source was Abraham Maslow, the same psychologist who developed
Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, another useful tool in the
non-technologist's toolbox.  I'm sure it's in yours, somewhere next to
the staples and glue.)

SB

Scott Butner
Director, ChemAlliance
c/o Pacific NW National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA  99352
Voice: (509)-372-4946/Fax: (509) 375-2443
Website: http://www.chemalliance.org/
E-mail: scott.butner@pnl.gov