consultant role in mandatory p2 planning

Hi all. I am preparing training for consultants that prepare California's mandatory hazardous waste source reduction plans. Besides focusing on the technical requirements, I want to include material that addresses the appropriate role for an outside consulting, including their role as facilitator (e.g., including teams of company staff) and discourage template approaches and off-site hands-off approaches that may not take advantage of company staff expertise, reduce ownership at the staff level, etc.

Can anyone direct me to materials that discuss these issues? I searched the Mass TUR site for such materials but so far have not found what I'm looking for.

Thanks VERY much.

Kathy Barwick
Sacramento Region Pollution
    Prevention Coordinator